Kewford DNA - FA Football Futures Scheme for Players
As part of the "Who we are" and "How we Support" strands of the Kewford DNA Strategy, the Club is offering support to young players who would like to get involved in the Football Futures Programme run by Birmingham County FA.
Football Futures gives players aged 12-24 the opportunity to participate in a structured programme that develops key skills through volunteering in the football environment. Participants can earn credits and work their way up a full learning pathway by doing any of these volunteering opportunities:
- Assisting with coaching a team
- Running a football programme at your school, college, university, or in your community
- Promoting football activities for others to take part
- Supporting the administration of a team, club, league, or activity
- Planning and running a tournament or event
- Running social media sites for a club or league
- Helping out with County FA event
The progrogramme is open to any player aged 12 to 24 and at Kewford we are particularly encouraging players aged 12 and 13 to get involved - this is a great opportunity to get to see how FA Learning pathways work before they are old enough to take formal refereeing (minimum age 14) or coaching courses (minimum age 16).
Club Secretary Matt Adamson said "Kewford are keen to help players develop in all aspects of their life - volunteering is a great way to devlop communication, organisation and leadership skills - all of which are sought after by colleges, universities and employers. Football isn't just about kicking a ball, it's a great environment to build the key skills and compentencies that you will need later in life"
Kewford will help players who are interested in taking the Football Futures pathway through offering volunteering opportunities on and off the field, mentoring and support. Players who choose this route will be eligible to join the Kewford Youth Council which will help shape the future of the club.
Volunteering opportuniites are also available to young people participating in Duke of Edinborough Award schemes and vocational qualifications.
Read more at http://www.birminghamfa.com/players/football-futures
If you do sign up to the programme, make sure you let us know via the Contact Us page on the Kewford website and speak to your coach - please note that full parental consent will be required to take part in the scheme.
- Kewford 2018 Summer Tournament Date Announced!
- Kewford Football Tournament 2017
- U11 Girls Mercian Fair Play Award
- Presentation Day - 17 June
- May 2017 Newsletter
- Kewford U14 South - Five A Side Winners
- U12 East - League Champions
- U15W Merit Shield Winners
- Kewford Girls - Year 4 and 5
- KEWFORD FAMILY FUN DAY
- March Newsletter and Survey
- Drainage Works at Eagle Park
- Summer Ball 2107
- February 2017 Newsletter
- Beat the Baggie Bird!
- Kewford Eagles Safeguarding Update
- Publishing Results - FA Guidelines
- Safeguarding Commitment - Kewford Eagles
- Kewford U9 South praised by Stourbridge League
- Kewford DNA - FA Football Futures Scheme for Players