Safeguarding Children is Everyone's Responsibility
Following recent news reports of child abuse in football, Kewford Eagles and every other grassroots football club in the country has received a letter from Chairman of The FA, Greg Clarke. In his letter, Greg highlights the importance of Safeguarding procedures in grassroots football.
We would like to reassure all players and parents that over the last few years many new policies and procedures have been introduced to ensure that instances like those that have been reported recently are now very rare. Kewford Eagles has robust Safeguarding procedures in place, including Criminal Records Bureau checks of prospective coaches, FA Safeguarding courses that coaches must refresh every three seasons and policies that are designed to promote a safe and fun football environment. All of our policies and procedures are available to view on our web site.
Our Child Welfare Officer, Lynn Boleyn works closely with County FA Welfare Officers to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and to help club and team officials understand their duty of care to the children.
Every parent in the club must sign to accept the Kewford Eagles Code of Conduct and we work hard to promote The FA RESPECT campaign which helps to manage behaviours on and off the pitch, creating a safe and friendly football environment. Our RESPECT weekend on 1st and 2nd October 2016 saw the launch of SDYFL pitch-side signage promoting some of the core values of the RESPECT campaign.
Safeguarding children is everyone's responsibility. If you have any concerns about a child's welfare, whether that's in the football environment or outside, please ensure the immediate safety of the child and notify their parents straight away (unless you have a specific reason not to). Seek advice from our Child Welfare Officer, Lynn Boleyn or if she is not available speak to our Local Children's Social Care Service or the Police.
The FA have commissioned the NSPCC to set up a specific helpline to encourage anyone who has ever been affected by child abuse in football to come forward. The number to call is 0800 023 2642.
Child Welfare Officer - Lynn Boleyn MBE - 01384 830862 or 07747 563623
Club Secretary - Matt Adamson - 07817 838840
Chairman - Lee Small - 01384 291590 or 07746 683525
- Cake Sale at Kewford !
- Watch one Mini Eagle meet the entire WBA squad!
- Colmore Tang Construction release video of Kewford
- Kewford Tournament 2018 a huge hit!
- Kewford Eagles FC celebrate turning 40 in style!
- Kewford Eagles FC (U7N) win prestigious 'Fair Play' award in ESF2018 Butlins 29th April!
- Mini Soccer Girls - WILDCATS!
- Ian Pound RIP
- Kewford 2018 Summer Tournament Date Announced!
- Kewford Football Tournament 2017
- U11 Girls Mercian Fair Play Award
- Presentation Day - 17 June
- May 2017 Newsletter
- Kewford U14 South - Five A Side Winners
- U12 East - League Champions
- U15W Merit Shield Winners
- Kewford Girls - Year 4 and 5
- Drainage Works at Eagle Park
- February 2017 Newsletter
- Beat the Baggie Bird!